Monday 20 October 2008

Living room II - Sofa and coffee table arrived

Our sofa and coffee table were finally delivered last friday! Did you notice I have this magenta colour accent going on? I think the colour goes well with the dark brown floor /table / curtain, and white furnishing / wall. Oh...we inherited the wall paper. Since we haven't any budget to re-do the wall , it will stay the same for time being . Or until i gather the courage to remove the wall paper myself ;)

As you can see the room is still kind of bare. Here is an impression of what I intend to add on in the near future...

1) An art-canvas / mirror for wall above the sofa and tv unit.
I haven't found any mirror that I like at the moment but this digital canvas from portobello art looks good!

2) Rexbo by Ikea on the right.
The sofa took up quite a lot of space. I think the rexbo would suit the room without over-crowding the space.

3) Bookcase on the left.
Either Farmer range by Baumax-x (which will be painted white) , Ikea's Hensvik or Expedit , depending on the remaining space

4) Carpet under the coffee table.
From my hubby's to-buy list. He likes to keep his feet warm at all time.